posted June 2021
Mitchams is a small professional firm of Chartered Accountants providing a variety of Accountancy and Taxation services for a wide range of business sectors and individuals. As a firm we are committed to providing our clients with a high level of personal service. We believe we offer a friendly place to work which is shown by our excellent level of staff retention.
We are looking for someone to join our team who would ideally have the following attributes:-
- Good computer skills and is competent with using computer programmes for bookkeeping and accounts preparation, in particular Excel, Xero and Sage. Experience with Digita suite preferable.
- Capable of liaising with both junior and senior members of staff as well as communicating with clients effectively.
- Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Ideally will have 3+ years’ experience in a general accounting practice with good all round business knowledge.
- Good attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in processing Payroll would be advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will also have experience to fulfil the role which will include:-
- Preparing/reviewing VAT Returns and managing other members of staff in this area.
- Preparing Accounts (covering Sole Trades, Partnerships, Limited Companies).
- Preparing corporate and personal Tax Returns.
- Supporting clients with bookkeeping queries.
The role is a fulltime permanent position. Salary will depend on the experience that can be brought to the role.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.